About the Course
Welcome to the Oriental Internal Medicine 302 Course. Here you will find archives of invaluable lectures, practice tests and articles for review.
The second in a five-course sequence, this course covers diagnosis and treatment principles of gastro-intestinal, genitourinary, and musculoskeletal diseases. The etiology, pathology, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of each condition will be covered. Selection of acupuncture points and modified herbal formulas to meet the needs of the individual will be emphasized. 30 hours of the course will be dedicated to herbal medicine.
Goals & Objective
The student will gain a working knowledge of Gastro intestinal, Genitourinary, and Musculoskeletal disorders, their diagnosis, differentiation, and treatment with Oriental Medicine including Herbal therapy and Acupuncture treatments. Case histories will be used from my practice, the student clinic, from the required text books and other sources. Herbal formulas, and modifications to the formulas will be 30% of the study.
- Students will differentiate the common disorders of digestion into TCM diagnosis
- Students will choose the proper treatment principals, formula, and appropriate modifications for presented case histories involving gastro intestinal symptoms.
- Students will develop acupuncture point combinations for these conditions.
- Students will differentiate the common disorders of the genitourinary tract into TCM diagnosis.
- Students will choose the proper treatment principals, formula, and appropriate modifications for presented case histories involving genitourinary symptoms.
- Students will develop acupuncture point combinations for these conditions
- Students will differentiate common disorders of the Musculo skeletal system into TCM diagnosis
- Students will choose the proper treatment principals, herbal formula, and appropriate modifications
- Students will develop cutaneous and acupuncture point treatments and state appropriate needling techniques for Musculo skeletal disorders.
Method of Grading
- Treatise on the Spleen and Stomach, Pi Wei Lun” Li Dong
- Fluid Physiology and Pathology in TCM Steven Clavey
- Acupuncture A Comprehensive Text Weisman, Nagel
- Practical Therapeutics Of Traditional Chinese Medicine Yan Wu
- The Fundamentals of Traditional Chinese Medicine Weisman,
- Treatment of External Disease with Acupuncture and Moxa by Yan Cui-Ian and Zhu Yun-Iong