About the Course
Welcome to the Oriental Internal Medicine 304 Course. Here you will find archives of invaluable lectures, practice tests and articles for review.
The fourth course in a five-course sequence, it will focus on dermatology, neurology, pediatrics and support for patients undergoing treatment for oncological disorders. The etiology, pathology, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of each condition will be covered. Selection of acupuncture points and modified herbal formulas to meet the needs of the individual will be emphasized. 30 hours are devoted to herbal medicine. Kathleen Leavy will present oncology and pediatrics.
Goals & Objective
The student will gain a working knowledge of Oncological, and Pediatric disorders, their diagnosis, differentiation, and treatment with Oriental Medicine including Herbal therapy and Acupuncture treatments. Case histories will be used from my practice, the student clinic, from the required text books and other sources. Herbal formulas, and modifications to the formulas will be 30% of the study.
- Students will differentiate the common cancers and their manifestations into TCM diagnosis.
- Students will choose the proper formula and appropriate modifications for presented case histories involving symptoms of cancer.
- Students will develop acupuncture point combinations for these conditions.
- Students will differentiate the common disorders associated with Chemotherapy and Radiation therapy into TCM diagnosis.
- Students will choose the proper formula and appropriate modifications for presented case histories involving side effects of Chemo and Radiation therapy.
- Students will develop dietary and lifestyle recommendations for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiations therapy.
- Students will develop acupuncture point combinations for these conditions
- Students will state the specifics of pediatric physiology which make children vulnerable to illness.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of specific pediatric assessment techniques when presented with a case history.
- Students will differentiate common disorders of the Pediatric patient into TCM diagnosis
- Students will choose the proper herbal formula and appropriate modifications and state when the treatment shall be discontinued.
- Students will develop appropriate dietary recommendations and life style recommendations for pediatric disorders.
- Students will develop cutaneous techniques, including Tui Na techniques, acupuncture point treatments, and state appropriate needling techniques for Pediatric disorders.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/weiqi/public_html/wp-content/themes/education/fw/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 2318
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/weiqi/public_html/wp-content/themes/education/fw/shortcodes/shortcodes.php on line 2324
Method of Grading
- Treatise on the Spleen and Stomach, Pi Wei Lun” Li Dong
- Fluid Physiology and Pathology in TCM Steven Clavey
- Acupuncture A Comprehensive Text Weisman, Nagel
- Practical Therapeutics Of Traditional Chinese Medicine Yan Wu
- The Fundamentals of Traditional Chinese Medicine Weisman,
- Treatment of External Disease with Acupuncture and Moxa by Yan Cui-Ian and Zhu Yun-Iong